Manager, Group Sales
Portland Timbers in Portland, OR, US
Purpose: The Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns FC are looking for a self-motivated Group Sales Manager to drive group sales through our existing Ticket Sales team. The ideal candidate is a self- starter, diligent with details, has a strong work ethic, a leader who can impart their knowledge and is driven by meeting and exceeding aggressive sales objectives. We are looking for someone who is a team player with the ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Functions/ Major Responsibilities (in order of importance):
· Be responsible for group sales of Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns FC inventory including:
o Group Ticket Packages (Awareness Nights, Theme Nights, Fundraisers, Youth Team Events, etc.)
· Generate sales through cold calling, networking, and appointment setting.
· Lead the creation and implementation of all group sales initiatives across both teams.
· Manage account executives progress towards individual and team sales goals.
· Create new relationships to cultivate new group sales initiatives
· Facilitate inter-departmental relationships to collaborate on group sales initiatives
· Be an ambassador of the Timbers and Thorns FC brands throughout the Oregon and Southwest Washington community.
· Generate new leads and research new ways to sell tickets.
· Attend outside networking events to further the Timbers and Thorns FC brands and generate new leads.
· Establish and meet group sales objectives.
· Lead group sales meetings.
· Conceptualize and execute large-scale group sales programs (including authority to purchase group sales promotional merchandise, collaboration with marketing on creative aspects and create external beneficial relationships)
· Learn and become functional in Salesforce KORE CRM and SeatGeek (SRO) ticketing system
· Provide excellent customer service to all personal and sales staff accounts during the sales effort, as well as during the sales follow-through at the event.
· Make a required minimum of 60 outbound sales calls per day with the goal of maximizing all ticket revenue for Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns FC tickets.
· Will have in-game duties during Timbers and Thorns FC events and games.
· Develop and maintain good-working relationships, which will produce sales throughout the year.
· Sell Annual Memberships for Timbers and Thorns FC
· Work assigned sales, promotional and team events for developing new prospects and referral opportunities during games and outside normal business hours.
· Other duties as determined by the Senior Vice President, Ticket Sales and Services or Director, Ticket Sales.
Positions Reporting: None
· 3 years sales experience preferred. Sports industry a plus
· Previous management experience preferred
· Outside sales experience in B2B
· High comfort level making cold calls
· Strong time management skills and attention to detail
· Knowledge of ticketing and CRM systems
· Has a competitive spirit
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 3 years corporate sales experience preferred.