Sales Associate - January Start Date
New Jersey Devils in Newark, NJ, US
HBSE- New Jersey devils & Philadelphia 76ers Sales Associate
Status:**Full-Time (January 2020 start date)**
Department: Ticket Sales & Service
Location: HBSE Front Office (Camden, NJ)
Widely regarded as one of the top ticket sales programs in the sports business, the New Jersey Devils & Philadelphia 76ers Sales Associate program provides entry-level sports business executives with the opportunity to learn the business side of professional sports from the top leaders in the sports industry. With a focus on consistent training and development through personalized one-on-one coaching, the Devils and 76ers Sales Associate program will build the foundation needed for a long and successful career in the revenue-generating side of the sports business.
Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer.
Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
· Sell a full menu of ticket products for HBSE properties, including, but not limited to full and partial season ticket packages, group tickets and premium hospitality packages.
· Make cold calls from lists of area companies provided to sell full and partial season ticket packages and group tickets.
· Utilize social selling tools to generate new lead sources
· Proactively create opportunities for new business through up selling opportunities and referrals from existing clients.
· Contact past customers in order to generate new ticket sales.
· Effectively follow up with clients and prospective clients in order to build relationships to help provide repeat business and to meet excellent customer service requirements.
· Cordially and effectively handle incoming sales calls from prospective clients for all ticket sales products.
· Conduct in-arena appointments and tours of the Prudential Center and Wells Fargo Center to assist in closing new business and developing new relationships.
· Take advantage of out of office appointments to get face-to-face with prospective buyers
· Work different events and games as assigned to support ticket sales efforts and promotional initiatives.
· Undergraduate degree in business/sales/marketing/sports management or similar concentration.
· Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact comfortably and effectively with internal and external clients at all levels of an organization.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
· Extremely coachable and eager to learn every day.
· Highly motivated individuals with a strong desire to build a career in the sports business.
· Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as required.
About Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment
Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment is the most impactful sports and entertainment company in the world because it is comprised of the most talented, character driven, and innovative people in the world. Our major properties include the New Jersey Devils & Philadelphia 76ers. The three-time Stanley Cup Champion New Jersey Devils are one of 30 professional hockey teams in the National Hockey League (NHL). Established in 1982, the team’s headquarters are located at Prudential Center, the state-of-the-art sports and entertainment arena in downtown Newark, New Jersey. The Philadelphia 76ers compete in the National Basketball Association (NBA) as a member of the league's Eastern Conference Atlantic Division and play at Wells Fargo Center. Founded in 1946 and originally known as the Syracuse Nationals, they are one of the oldest franchises in the NBA.The 76ers have had a rich history, with three NBA championships, with their first coming as the Syracuse Nationals in 1955.