Senior Manager, Partnership Marketing
Vancouver Whitecaps FC in Vancouver, BC, CA
Unity. Winning. Honour.
Originally established in 1974, Vancouver Whitecaps FC are one of the oldest and most decorated professional soccer clubs in North America. Whitecaps FC are fully integrated across Canada, operating soccer development programs nationwide from grassroots to the professional level for both boys and girls, as well as a core commitment to the community. Since 2011, the club has played in Major League Soccer, the top tier of professional soccer in the United States and Canada.
The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. To help reach this objective, the club is looking for a qualified and passionate individual to fill the role of Senior Manager, Partnership Marketing.
As the Senior Manager, Partnership Marketing, you will play a key role within the Partnership department of Vancouver Whitecaps FC. Working in collaboration with our partners and internal departments, you will have the opportunity to build fan engagement, increase affinity and deliver ROI through creative execution of events, activations and digital campaigns. Working with some of the world’s greatest brands, no two days will be alike. Providing world class service is second nature to you and you have a knack for delivering on revenue goals.
How you will contribute:
- Lead the planning and execution of all partners’ contractual elements, including traditional media assets, in-market promotions, in-arena activation, hospitality, experiential, and community programs and directly oversee a set of assigned partners.
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff within the department and across the club.
- Directly contribute to club revenue goals by leading initiatives in the renewal process; meetings, discussions, & negotiations, creating detailed upsell opportunities & revised partnership elements within overall business philosophy (inventory, parameter, category management).
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to maximize integrated platforms and programs for all Whitecaps FC partners.
- Work with the Director on business plans and budget, overseeing the adherence to both.
- Attend all Whitecaps FC home games to host partners, create meaningful touch points and manage partnership execution.
- Other duties, as required and assigned.
What are we looking for:
- A degree or diploma from a recognized institution in a related field or an equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ experience in marketing, sponsorship and/or client management. Agency experience an asset.
- Proven ability to make critical decisions, independently without supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills; able to meet challenging deadlines.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, multi-level, project-based environment, with emphasis on superior execution and delivery.
- Exceptional relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work closely and cooperatively with internal and external associates.
- Previous sales experience an asset.
- Knowledge of and experience in the professional sports industry an asset.
- You will need the ability to work non-standard hours including evenings and weekends and you should hold a valid driver’s license.
Why work for Whitecaps FC:
- The chance to work in a fun, non-traditional work environment.
- Centrally located offices in Gastown.
- Excellent training and support to enable you to do the job.
- Benefits included a generous extended health and dental plan, unlimited paid time off and heavily discounted game day tickets.
- Be part of Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment.
[We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.](mailto:u>firstname.lastname@example.org</u)